University Course Planner The University of Adelaide Australia

EDUC 1003 - Games, Media and ICT Literacies

Career: Undergraduate
Units: 3
Term: Semester 1
Campus: North Terrace
Contact: Up to 36 hours
Restriction: Available to University Preparatory Program or Wirltu Yarlu Preparatory Program students only
Available for Study Abroad and Exchange: Yes
Available for Non-Award Study: Yes
Assessment: Four Formative Assignments on Computer Packages (worth 10% each); Two Digital reflective journals (total 25%); Project based digital portfolio (35%)
Syllabus:

This course begins with exploring the ubiquity of video games and digital media in contemporary society as a way of identifying and developing students' Information and Computing Technology (ICT) skills. The aim is to provide students with the relevant capacities needed for tertiary education, but these skills will be also relevant and useful for students in future professional contexts. Students will be given opportunities to explore the use of ICTs during the course, and to gain skills in word processing, using simple spreadsheets, accessing online sources, and participating in online discussions and digital presentations. They will explore how a variety of video games engage ICT skills and literacies, but will not be expected to 'perform' or 'compete' in games unless they choose to. The use of gaming and digital media literacies will focus on learning in a tertiary context, and how these literacies will be used for learning at the University of Adelaide

Course Fees

To display course fees, please select your status and program below:

Student Status

Domestic
International

What type of place are you studying in

Commonwealth supported
Full fee paying

Study Level

Undergraduate
Postgraduate Coursework
Non Award

Program of Study

Study Abroad student tuition fees are available here

Only some Postgraduate Coursework programs are available as Commonwealth Supported. Please check your program for specific fee information

Units
EFTSL
Amount
3
0.125
          
  


Course Outline

A Course Outline which includes Learning Outcomes, Learning Resources, Learning & Teaching for this course may be accessed here


Critical Dates

Term Last Day to Add Online Census Date Last Day to WNF Last Day to WF
Semester 1 Mon 16/03/2020 Thu 26/03/2020 Fri 12/06/2020 Not Available


Class Details

Enrolment Class: Lecture
Class Nbr Section Size Available Dates Days Time Location
12296 LE01 30 3 2 Mar - 6 Apr Monday 9am - 10am Nexus10, 228, Computer Suite
27 Apr - 8 Jun Monday 9am - 10am Nexus10, 228, Computer Suite
Related Class: Tutorial
Class Nbr Section Size Available Dates Days Time Location
12297 TU01 30 3 6 Mar - 10 Apr Friday 2pm - 4pm Napier, 107, Computer Suite
1 May - 12 Jun Friday 2pm - 4pm Napier, 107, Computer Suite